Light Chicken Korma
Prep 10 mins / Cook 25 mins / Low-fat
1 onion , chopped
2 garlic cloves , roughly chopped
thumb-sized piece ginger , roughly chopped
4 tbsp korma paste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts , cut into bite-sized pieces
50g ground almonds , plus extra to serve (optional)
4 tbsp sultanas
400ml chicken stock
¼ tsp golden caster sugar
150g pot 0% fat Greek yogurt
small bunch coriander , chopped
1. Put the onion, garlic and ginger in a food processor and whizz to a paste.
2. Tip the paste into a large high-sided frying pan with 3 tbsp water and cook for 5 mins.
3. Add the korma paste and cook for a further 2 mins until aromatic.
4. Stir the chicken into the sauce, then add the ground almonds, sultanas, stock and sugar.
5. Give everything a good mix, then cover and simmer for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the yogurt and some seasoning, then scatter over the coriander and flaked almonds, if using.
Serve with brown basmati rice.
376 kcalories, protein 40g, carbohydrate 28g, fat 11 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 3g, sugar 26g, salt 1.1 g