Clean Eating Mexican Meatloaf
- YIELD: 2 loaves (4 Servings)
This made 2 loaves and we ate one between us. Serve it with baked sweet potatoes and salad.
RECIPE FROM The Kitchen Shed www.thekitchenshed.co.uk
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 1 Red Pepper finely diced
- 1 Green Pepper finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced/finely grated
- 100 grams Frozen Sweetcorn
- 500 grams Turkey Mince I used thigh mince
- 4 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder or more if you like it spicy
- 1/8 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
- 1 300-400g Tin of Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan (I used my wok) and cook the onions and peppers for 4-5 minutes over a medium heat until softened.
- Once softened, turn off the heat and stir in the garlic and frozen sweetcorn. Place the mixture on a large plate and set aside to cool.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooling, place the turkey mince into a large mixing bowl and add the herbs and spices, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. (I use my hands for this).
- Once the vegetables have cooled to room temperature and are no longer hot, add them to the turkey mince with the kidney beans and mix everything together thoroughly.
- Once everything is well combined, divide the mixture into two and form two meat loaves on a baking tray.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 45 – 55 minutes until well browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow the meat to stand for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.