Clean Eating Chicken & Rocket Pesto Quinoa
- YIELD: 4 Servings
Clean Eating Chicken & Rocket Pesto Quinoa is packed with flavour and zing. It is a great source of protein and perfect for lunch or dinner. You could leave out the chicken to make it vegan/vegetarian or if you were just looking to make it a lighter side dish to a meal.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 180 grams Quinoa rinsed
- 500 ml Stock I used 500ml water and 2 teaspoons of bouillon stock powder
- 4 Tablespoons Clean Pesto see link above
- 1 large handful Fresh Wild Rocket Leaves
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the chicken breasts into the oven to roast for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the rinsed quinoa and stock into a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a lid.
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes until the quinoa has absorbed the stock.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, stir in 4 Tablespoons of Clean Eating Wild Rocket Pesto, along with a large handful of fresh rocket leaves.
- Once the chicken is completely cooked through, dice it up and stir it into the pesto quinoa.
- Serve with a large side salad.