Clean Eating Greek Quinoa Salad
- YIELD: 4 Servings
- READY IN:
This Clean Eating Greek Quinoa Salad can be ready in 20 minutes. It is vegetarian, gluten free and a great source of protein. Perfect for enjoying as a main meal or as a side to some chicken or fish.
- 180 grams Quinoa rinsed
- 500 ml Stock I used 500ml water and 2 teaspoons of bouillon stock powder
- 1/2 Cucumber diced
- 1/2 small Red Onion diced
- 200 grams Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 80 grams Black Olives halved or whole
- 100 grams Feta Cheese diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil.
- Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and cover with the lid. Simmer for 12-15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, allow it to cool to room temperature. (I usually turn it out onto a plate for it to cool down faster).
- Once cooled, place the quinoa into a large bowl and add the diced vegetables.
- In a seperate bowl or jug combine the extra virgin olive oil and the oregano and then stir through the quinoa.
- Top the quinoa and the vegetables with the feta cheese and serve.
- Leftovers will keep fresh in your fridge in an airtight container for 2 days.