cook in under 30 mins
- 50 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 sticks celery, washed, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 250 g flat mushrooms, brushed clean, thickly sliced
- 150 g baby button mushrooms, brushed clean, left whole
- 2 tbsp brandy (optional)
- 150 ml soya and dairy-free single cream alternative
- 2 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves, washed, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 gluten-free ciabatta rolls, halved
In a small bowl, cover the dried mushrooms with boiling water. Set aside and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion, celery and garlic and cook until softened. Add the paprika and cook for a further 30 seconds. Stir in the fresh mushrooms, cook for 1 minute, then add the brandy, if using. Continue cooking until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Drain the rehydrated porcini mushrooms, reserving 100ml of the soaking liquid. Add both to the pan, bring the mixture to the boil, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the cream alternative, soy sauce, chopped thyme and lemon juice. Season.
- Griddle the ciabatta halves for 1-2 minutes on each side. Top with the mushrooms, garnish with the extra thyme sprigs and serve.