Makes 6 bars
For the caramel:
8 medjool dates deseeded
¼ cup almond milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
¾ cup peanuts/cashews
For the nougat:
½ cup peanut butter
3 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp honey
150g dark chocolate 70% +
- To make caramel combine the medjool dates, almond milk and peanut butter in blender until smooth.
2. Gently fold in the extra nuts with a spoon.
3. To make the nougat, combine the coconut flour, honey and peanut butter in a bowl and mix until it has reached an even consistency.
4. Use a small Tupperware dish and line with parchment paper.
5. Pour in the caramel mix first and spread until even.
6. Next transfer the nougat mixture on top of the caramel and level again until smooth all over.
7. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
8. Remove the mix from the freezer and remove parchment paper.
9. Slice the filling evenly into 6 bars.
10. After this melt the dark chocolate either in a pan or in the microwave.
11. Once the chocolate has melted, use a metal fork and spoon the coat the bars and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Store in the fridge until you are ready to enjoy.
These can also be kept in a container and frozen.