Clean Eating 3 Bean Chilli
- YIELD: 3 Servings
- READY IN:
Clean Eating 3 Bean Chilli is a great source of protein, whilst being low in fat. It is full of flavour and different textures, you wont even be missing the meat.
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1/4 medium Red Onion finely diced
- 1/4 Courgette diced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 390 grams chopped tomatoes (from a carton)
- 150 ml Water
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Green Beans thawed
- 1/4 Cup Sweetcorn (organic if possible)
- 1/4 Cup Kidney Beans rinsed
- 1/4 Cup Cannellini Beans rinsed
Chilli seasoning mix:
- 1/4 teaspoon Mild Chilli Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1-2 teaspoon Bouillon Stock Powder (organic reduced salt if possible)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Measure out all of your ingredients and get them ready to go. Prepare the chilli seasoning mix and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan with the diced onion and courgette and cook on a medium low heat for 5 minutes, keeping watch to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the garlic and chilli seasoning mix and give it a quick stir, then pour in the chopped tomatoes and water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the green beans (snapped smaller if they are long) and sweetcorn and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add kidney bean and cannellini beans and ensure the heat is low. Heat through for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with wholegrain basmati rice, or a baked sweet potato and a green salad.