Clean Eating Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa
- YIELD: 4 Servings
- READY IN:
Clean Eating Garlic Mushroom & Spinach Quinoa makes a great clean eating lunch or dinner when eaten with a salad. It’s packed with flavour and protein and helps to keep you fuller for longer.
- 180 grams Quinoa rinsed
- 500 ml Stock I used 500ml water and 2 teaspoons of bouillon stock powder
- 1 handful Frozen Spinach approximately 4 blocks
- 300 grams Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 large handful Fresh Parsley roughly chopped – optional
- Clean and quarter the mushrooms before placing them into a non stick pan with the olive oil.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium/high heat.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and mince/grate in the garlic. Stir to combine.
- Place the rinsed quinoa into a saucepan with the stock and frozen spinach. Add the mushrooms and garlic and turn on the heat.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to break up the spinach.
- Once bubbling, cover with the lid and turn the heat down to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Check on the quinoa in the last 5 minutes, stirring to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
- Once cooked, allow to cook a little before serving and topping with the roughly chopped parsley.