RAW BROWNIE RECIPE
This raw brownie recipe is one of my most popular recipes, probably because it is so easy and turns out so well. Walnuts, dates, coconut, cacao and salt combine in a food processor to create a surprisingly delicious traditional-style brownie. Top with chocolate icing for even more chocolate goodness!
- PREP TIME 5 min
- TOTAL TIME 1 hour 5 min
- SHELF LIFE 5 days in fridge
- SERVINGS 8 servings
- 235 ml pecans (you can use walnuts in a pinch, but pecans are much better!)
- 235 ml dates
- 75 ml raw cacao (cocoa) powder
- 60 ml shredded unsweetened coconut
- 30 ml honey or agave nectar
- 25 ml sea salt
- Place pecans alone in your food processor and process until the pecans become small and crumbly.
- Add dates to the raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Add the remaining ingredients to this raw brownie recipe and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery. (There should still be air between the small bits so that you will be able to press them down into your brownie pan.)
- Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down firmly using your clean hands.
- Refrigerate this raw brownie recipe for a couple of hours. You do not have to refrigerate it, but it is much easier to slice when chilled. By the way, this is actually a raw brownie recipe that keeps its shape! So it can be good for serving to non-raw fooders because the presentation of this raw brownie recipe is good when chilled.
- Store this raw brownie recipe in the refrigerator if it lasts that long!
- PS: For an even more delightful brownie, serve it with our easy, instant raw chocolate icing – see the recipe in sweet treats section.
recipe printed with kind permission from The Rawtarian website: http://www.therawtarian.com/