This is the perfect raw chocolate icing. Just blend and use! Dates, coconut oil, cacao and water are the only ingredients. A blender is required.
- PREP TIME 5 min
- TOTAL TIME 5 min
- SHELF LIFE 5 days in fridge
- SERVINGS 8 servings
- 235 ml dates
- 60 ml raw cacao (cocoa) powder
- 60 ml coconut oil
- 175 ml water (or a tiny bit more if needed – try to keep at 3/4 cup or so though)
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender. If possible, let them sit in there for a few minutes to soften the dates a little bit.
- Blend all ingredients in your high-speed blender. The ingredients can be a little finicky to blend, so start at a slow speed and increase speed slowly.
- Keep blending for a very long time to get a velvety consistency. This is one of those recipes that really makes use of the power of a high-speed blender. If you feel that the blades are just spinning but aren’t actually moving all of the icing around, turn the blender off and make an air pocket down the side of the blender with a spatula to expose the blades. Remove the spatula, replace the lid, and start blending slowly again.
- You’ll know it’s ready if there are no bits of dates and all you can taste is velvety chocolate goodness.
- This raw chocolate icing is ready to use as soon as you pour it out of the blender.
recipe printed with kind permission from The Rawtarian website – check it out! – http://www.therawtarian.com/